Can the thickness of my nose be fixed with rhinoplasty? (Photo)

My nose is very thick, especially the tip, what can be done to fix this?

How to reduce nasal thickness

+2
Yes, the width of your nose can be reduced.  I would  remove some of the nasal tip cartilage and place permanent stitches in between the cartilage of each side of the nose to narrow the tip.  You do have thick skin which will limit the tip definition that you can have, but I think that narrowing your tip would be a nice improvement.  

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can the thickness of my nose be fixed with rhinoplasty?

+2
In general, patients with thick skin do not always achieve the level of definition they desire with rhinoplasty surgery. However, great improvements can still be made. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and advise you on what techniques would help you obtain the best possible result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best  of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty to Fix Thickness of Nose

+1
Altering the thickness of the nose with rhinoplasty is very difficult to do. If that is your primary reason for getting rhinoplasty, make sure you see an experienced rhinoplasty expert who can give you different options and realistic outcomes based on a cosmetic procedure that best suits your face.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

+1
Yes but special attention to your tip must be done. Best to see boarded rhino docs in your area/city/state IN PERSON..// 

Rhinoplasty with Thick Nasal Skin

+1
Although an examination would provide more information, the photos are suggestive of thick nasal skin.  Although refinements can be made to your nasal tip, the results are likely to be limited by the thickness of your nasal skin.  I personally prefer an "open approach" in circumstances of a difficult nasal tip.  The most critical step for you, as a patient, is to choose a talented Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  A Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who focuses on Rhinoplasty is a basic requirement

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide nose can be improved with rhinoplasty

+1
You can definitely gain improved facial balance and pro[portion with a rhinoplasty.  Refining the tip might require cartilage grafts for increased support.  I prefer the open approach for accuracy and precision, but the close approach is also reasonable.  Be sure to consult a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You will want to review a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1
A closed rhinoplasty can be used to refine the tip with cartilage reduction and suturing as well as soft tissue thinning.  The bridge can be narrowed as well.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.