Will the the Small Hump/roll Above my Incision Go Away After Swelling and the Inside Tight Stitches Dissolve? (photo)

I had a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo of the abdomen & flanks on 2/7/13. I am 2 weeks post op today. I know that I have a lot of swelling, but I was concerned about the "roll" I have above the incision. I asked my dr about it and he assures me once the inside sutures dissolve that it will all lay flat. I have tried to look up pictures where others have had this but can't find any and that makes me nervous. Any observations would be appreciated.

Will the the Small Hump/roll Above my Incision Go Away After Swelling and the Inside Tight Stitches Dissolve?

+1

Swelling at 2 weeks can be significant.  I would wait for 3 to 6 months to assess your outcome.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will the the Small Hump/roll Above my Incision Go Away After Swelling

+1

These photos demonstrate what appears to be a normal post-op course. Some degree of swelling is the rule and that resolves over the course of some months.

You will never look as tight sitting as standing. The chest and pelvis move closer together, and your skin is not infinitely elastic, or you would not have needed a TT in the first place. If the skin were tight in the sitting position, you would not be able to stand erect.

Follow up with your surgeon, expect continued improvement. All the best.  

Concerns about Suture Line "Roll" after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. I do understand your concerns but think that the “roll” you see is related to sutures that will dissolve;  you will find that as this occurs the suture line will smoothen out.

Early TT fullness

+1

There is normally swelling above the incision in both a full and mini-TT . This is partially caused by the dissolving sutures, and the swelling which ususally settles by gravity to the lower abdomen . Things look pretty good so far, and I think that you will more improvement in time

Algird R. Mameniskis, MD

Post-op

+1

Hi there-  I think you look very good 2 weeks  out.  I have observed a similar "roll" above the suture line in some of my mini-abdominoplasty patients.  Yes, it is a disolvable suture that is causing this and will likely resolve as the suture dissolves.  Everything else looks good.  Best regards

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon