My skin is a bit saggier along the the jaw below the ears. How can I make my jaw line firmer?

I don't have a photo . where is your pactice

Different Lifts for Different Problems

+1
  1. Neck lifts tighten the neck and jawline.
  2. Lower facelifts tighten the neck, jawline and marionette lines.
  3. Mid face or Cheek lifts lift the cheeks, temples, marionette lines and jowls.
  4. Full Facelift treats all the issues described above.

Treatment for Sagging Skin Along the Jawline

+1
Thank you for the great question. The short answer is a lift of some kind. I would need a picture to give you more specific recommendations, but if the issue is truly just loose or sagging skin, a mini-facelift would do the trick. Best of luck moving forward.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for saggy skin along the jaw line

+1
  • It would be difficult give us specific information regarding the procedure a visual exam. If your problem is loose skin you may benefit by a skin tightening procedure or volume edition. As we all age we lose tissue volume in our faces and elasticity in our skin. Volume can be added in the office using juvaderm Voluma or radiesse. These however are temporary solutions that last anywhere from three months to a year. Skin tightening procedures all involve which can be performed as an outpatient. Be sure and consult a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Skin

+1
Saggy skin along the jawline below the ears can be addressed but the technique depends on multiple factors, including the amount of sagginess.  There are minimally invasive options as well as surgical and non-surgical options but the most appropriate way to address your jawline will depend on how much excess skin is there and what you are looking to achieve. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards.

Kimberly Lee, MD

My skin is a bit saggier along the the jaw below the ears. How can I make my jaw line firmer

+1
I would need to see photos to make a recommendation for you.    Based on the information given, it sounds like you could benefit from a facelift to remove excess skin from your lower face and neck, and tighten the supporting tissue under the skin.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
You didn't say how old you are and many times, that makes a difference.  Some type of facelift will remove the heavy sagging around the jawline.  Depending on your age, you may benefit from a skin tightening machine we use in the office.  

How can I make my jaw line firmer?

+1
In most cases, patients who are a bit saggy along the jaw line may benefit most from a mid or full face lift.  Other options may also be considered such as injectable fillers and/or fat transfer.   I would suggest seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon, in your area, who has extensive experience in facial rejuvenation.  My practice is located in San Jose, California.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon