What Are the Best Techniques for Refining and Slightly Raise a Round/bulbous and Overprojected Nosetip? (photo)

As well as slight hump removal? As I am not too convinced with the level of knowledge and experience of Dutch plastic surgeons (especially nosetips). I am trying to learn as much as possible about different techniques and their effects/risks to make sure I find a surgeon up to date and experienced in the latest rhinoplastic techniques. I have researched techniques such as the LLC strut graft and cartilage trim and different suture techniques, but would also like some personal professional views and advice.

Refining and Slightly Raise a Round/bulbous and Overprojected Nosetip?

+1

Thanks for the question and the photo. Its not adequate for comments but it seems that some good PS can just do a limited job to your tip called Tip plasty from a closed approach to narrow it and take away the minimal dorsal projection that you seem to have in this view. It will mainly involve removal of almost half of upper part of lower Lateral cartilage and pinning the remaining cartilage with a sharper tip at a lower level than what you have now. I am sure only a very fine PS can fix it up to your expectation since your deformity is minimal. Wish you good luck.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Tip Reduction and Elevation and Dorsal Hump Reduction with Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip can be reduced and elevated with cephalic trims and suture techniques and the hump can be reduced with a closed rhinoplasty.  Whether or not the tip is too far projected I cannot tell from this view.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip surgery

+1

Without better photo views and more importantly an exam in person, it is hard to suggest what would be best for you.  Good luck with your search.

Tip plasty techniques

+1

There are hundreds of techniques available to reshape and refine the nasal tip. The most common technique to narrow the bulbous tip is a combination of cartilage removal and inter-domal suture techniques to refine the tip. Strut grafts are used when there is poor tip support. Elevation of the tip can be performed with the above procedures and also can be elevated by shortening the caudal septum. A dorsal shave of cartilage and bone can  remove any hump while osteotomies are  performed to narrow the  bridge.

Selection of a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Different surgeons use different techniques to treat the same problem with excellent results. Select the surgeon, not the technique. Look at the experience and results of physicians you are considering. If you do not somebody nearby, travel elsewhere for the operation. I see patients from Europe and Asia every week.

Round and bulbous tip

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing more pictures – you should consider posting more images showing your areas of concern.  Based on the one picture you provided you appear to be a good candidate

Sam Naficy, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can add definition and elegance to a bulbous nose

+1

You would be pleasantly surprised by the improvements your nose could get from well place fillers.  I'm certain your first thoughts when you read this are' "I want my nose smaller, not any bigger!" 

• But  placing some fillers along your bridge and to the tip defining points, could reduce the roundness of your nose.
  • Placing fillers just above and just below the hump would add elegance to the shape of your nose.

We have several examples of similar cases on our website, good luck!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best techniques for rhinoplasty

+1

I think you have your search backwards. There is no set of techniques which produces superior results. There are only surgeons with skill and knowledge of all techniques in rhinoplasty and the judgement as when to use them. Rather than seek a surgeon who knows what is 'new', find one who knows what works and in what circumstances.