What is the Best Technique a Surgeon Uses to Get a Round Booty Projection?

I would like a round and more defined buttocks my doctor told me that fat was not like clay but I have sice great results from other woman I read that there's six areas to fill in the buttocks to get the a round butt.

Fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift) can give good projection

+3

Fat transfer to the buttock can give a very full, round appearance to the buttock. You must have enough fat on other areas of your body (abdomen, back, thighs) in order to have a nice result. The fat is injected deep into the gluteal muscles and tissue and it is injected uniformly throughout the buttock. The areas around the buttock also need to be reshaped (lower back, love handles) to enhance the outcome from this surgery. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

Dr.Bruno

Round buttocks proyection

+2

Fat transfer is a good option to sculpt the body, you can get beautiful results with it. You can achieve a nice hourglass shape in patients with not much hips or buttocks, However It will depend on your body figure and how much your skin will allow it to determine the amount of cc's the doctor could inject into the buttocks, this will give you the round projection that your looking for.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation Options

+2

Allow me to share with you what you may not hear from others.  Currently the only two safe and effective methods for Buttock Augmentation are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks, aka "Brazilian Butt Lift") and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, predictable, and long-term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I personally recommend either the round or the oval shaped implants dependent upon the natural anatomic shape of the patient's buttock cheeks.  The implant is typically inserted through a 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the top of the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.  Additionally, in this type of surgeons hands the often quoted "high risks" of complications especially infection are actually much lower around 5%. Hope this helps...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Achieving a Rounded and More Defined Buttocks.

+1

Fat transfer is a good technique to achieve a rounded butt for many. There are many option to have a more shapely butt. The key to making the right decision lies in the hands of a board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and determine which procedure is best for you. You need to listen to their advice as they are the experts and examined you whereas our comments have limited application without an exam.

This is a good forum however to let you and others know their options. They include a Brazilian Butt Lift if there is adequate fat available for fat transfer, buttock implants and a butt lift. Fat transferred to the Buttocks is generally called a Brazilian Butt Lift. Some surgeons, including myself harvest fat in particular from the lower back to give it an S shaped contour that defines and sculpts the top of the buttocks giving it the illusion that it is bigger and definitely more shapely before the fat transfer is actually done. Similarly, sometimes fat is taken from the upper back of the thighs to also define the edge of the buttocks while taking care of what many women call the "banana rolls" as well as the "diamond" shape space that is attractive at the highest point of the inside of the thighs when viewed behind. Also the amount of fat that takes is highly technique dependent and experience dependent.
Implants are generally reserved for those that want more fullness but have inadequate fat available for transfer. It is more involved and has a longer recovery. Lastly Butt Lifts generally refer to using "flaps" of redundant soft tissue that are tucked inside the but while tightening up the skin envelope. This requires the longest time for recovery and results in the largest scars which visible.
In other words there are many subtleties that make all the difference between a good result and a great result.  My suggestion is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in these techniques. His exam will determine which course if right for you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Best Technique to Get a Round Booty Projection

+1

There are only two viable options for butt augmentation - brazilian butt lift and butt implants. Generally, if there is sufficient fat to perform a fat transfer, then the Brazilian Butt Lift is the preferred option.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Buttock Augmentation options and implants

+1

It is difficult to answer specifically how you would be helped without a picture and an exam. Many times, I resort to placing an implant to provide for some central projection and use the fat to improve the peripheral contour. More pictures of this outcome will be available on my website soon.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS