Will the Tear Troughs Go Away? (photo)

I am 32 years old and had Transconjuctival Lower Blepharoplasty 2 weeks ago. I know that I am very early in the healing phase, but I have noticed shadowing under my eyes, some swelling, and pronounced tear troughs. Will this subside with the swelling? When I smile, the "removed bags" are baggy and there are a lot of lines. Will this go away?

Two Weeks

+1

Two weeks and too early!  Continue to use morning and evening cool packs to speed your recovery along and keep your post-operative appointments.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be patient

+1

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about results. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months.Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

However it should be noted when fat is removed from an eyelid, the overlying skin may deflate a bit and show more lines than before.

What three months before worrying about this.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear troughs and blepharoplasty

+1

At two weeks after a blepharoplasty, it is too early to see the final results from surgery. There will be swelling for several weeks if not more.

Tear roughs after lower blepharoplasty

+1

Based on the before and after pictures you've posted and the fact that you are only 2 weeks post-op, you have excellent results and you will like continue to improve with diminishing post-operative swelling the tear trough will further improve. be patient and follow your surgeons instructions.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.