Will the Swelling Be Gone After TT?

I am scheduled to have a full tummy tuck in mid November. I just booked a vacation for the end of March 2013. Will most the swelling be gone? 18 weeks post surgery?

Tummy tuck swelling

+1

Patients are able to return to full activity at 6 weeks. Most of the swelling should be resolved by that time. Have a wonderful vacation!

Swelling post Tummy Tuck

+1

Generally most of the swelling after a tummy tuck is resolved after one month. There may be a minor amount of residual swelling for some patients for another couple of months depending on the exact nature of the surgery, their healing and activity level.

Of course the scars will continue to mature and fade for up to one year.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 18 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

+1

In my experience, swelling after a tummy tuck lasts 3-4 weeks.  If liposuction is performed with the tummy tuck, it will take 6 months to a year for ALL the swelling to go away, but you will still have dramatic improvement after 3 to 4 months.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

You seem to have planned well, most of the swelling should be gone and the muscle tone should be back. I have noticed the tone starting to come back after 6 to 8 weeks. Good luck you will enjoy your vacation.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Will the Swelling Be Gone After TT?

+1

Usually by three months all the swelling has resolved, and you should be looking at your result, with the exception of the scar, which will continue to improve over the course of a year. The scar is usually at its most noticeable stage at 6-12 weeks.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, best wishes.