Will the Swelling Reduce?

Hi, I'm 15 years old and I am 7 days post rhinoplasty and got my cast taken off yesterday. I was horrified to see the results! I look nothing like myself. I had a tip that was a bit droopy and a bump that was caused my being injured. I asked to have the tip lifted up a bit and to get rid of the bump but now my nose is soo tiny and I look nothing like myself anymore. I have my first day of junior year in 13 days and I'm terrified. Will my tip drop and look more like myself before I go back? Help!

Rhinoplasty and post operative swelling

+2

Your plastic surgeon should have explained to you that there is always going to be some associated swelling after a rhinoplasty.  It will improve over the next two weeks but it will not be gone, this takes an additional 4 - 6 months.  You must give it time.  

Will the Swelling Reduce?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  The swelling will be less in 13 days.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD