Is the Swelling Normal? And is It Normal for This Type of Belly Button Scar? (photo)

I feel like my stomach is bigger than what it was before the TT:( and I can't believe how bad my belly button scar looks.. Not happy!!

Post

+1

I am not sure what was done. Preoperative photographs would be great for a comparision. The passage of time will clarify the issues

Is the Swelling Normal? And is It Normal for This Type of Belly Button Scar?

+1

Not really sure what was done. Appears as a mini TT with a umbilicialplasty of some type. Best to seek in person second opinions. 

Bad Belly Button Scar

+1

It is hard to fully answer your question without seeing pre-op photos and also knowing exactly how long it has been since the suregery. That being said, you have a less than desired result. The belly button is large and there is a vertical scar below the belly button that is unusual. Your lower abdominal scar is irregular and there is still some skin hanging over top.  Discuss this with your surgeon or seek another surgeon for a full evaluation and opinion.

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1

Without seeing pre-op photos and knowing how far out from surgery, it is hard to comment on the contour.

As far as the navel goes, it does look rather large. The scars are a bit thick, but those are very likely to improve over the next months. But I do think that once all else is resolved, you may well benefit from a revisional procedure to reduce the size of the navel. 

Maintain your follow up with your surgeon. Thanks for your question, and for the photos attached. Best wishes. 

Normal Post Operative Course

+1

It is difficult to render an opinion without knowing how far out from your surgery you are. It is quite obvious from the pictures you have provided that you would benefit from a revision of your umbilicus at some point. 

As to the swelling/size of your belly, this may be considered within the normal range depending on where you are in the post operative spectrum. I would recommend that you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and make sure to communicate your concerns with them. You may also want to add what post operative day you are and include some pre operative photos as well.

Thank you for the question and the pictures. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Concerned about Appearance of Abdomen and Umbilicus after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You do not mention in your question how far out you are from having undergone the procedure.  This information is very important in determining whether swelling is still a factor or not. What is clear however is that your umbilicus is too large;  it is very likely you will be able to benefit from revisionary surgery of the umbilicus at some point.

In the meantime,  I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out any complications that may cause abdominal wall prominence ( such as seroma).

If, by chance, your surgeon was not a board-certified plastic surgeon, consider additional opinions prior to undergoing any type of further surgery.