Will the Swelling in my Nose Go Down More in the Middle?

I had rhinoplasty almost 3 weeks ago and i'm quite pleased with the results, except that the middle/ tip section is still really round looking. i had a bump removed and the top side of the bridge looks nice, then it kind of gets bigger and rounder towards the middle and tip. I was wondering if this was only swelling and if it'll go down to turn out more straight or if it will stay like this for the most part.

Assessment Of Rhinoplasty Results At 3 Weeks Post-op

+1

Hi,

Congratulations on your surgery!

At 3 weeks post-op, it is too early to assess the end results of your rhinoplasty.

The swelling is pretty normal and you need to be a little more patient allowing nature to take its course.

Usually, the final results are established at about 12 months after the surgery but at the 6 months mark most of the changes would have taken place.

I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

At 3 weeks your nose is only at the beginning of swelling resolution

+1

This is an area that tends to swell a lot in rhinoplasty, particulary if some reduction was done on the dorsum.  You need to give it at least 6-12 months (and longer if you have thick skin) before you clearly assess the long-term width in that area.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after three weeks

+1

I wish I could put  nasal splint on every patient for 6 months so they can't look at it until the swelling is gone and the final result materializes..

Richard Ellenbogen, MD