The Swelling from my Nose from Rhinoplasty Gets Bigger Each Day. What Should I Do?

I had rhinoplasty done 21 days ago. The swelling from my nose keeps getting bigger. I haven't seen much results. I been icing the area and being careful. What should I do?

+1

21 days after a Rhinoplasty, it's not unusual to have swelling that's increasing and or unevenly placed across the nose.  You can always go back and ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon if this is normal and for specific recommendations on how to limit the amount of swelling.

Increasing Swelling in Nose 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal for a patient to have swelling that continues to increase for 3 weeks after their rhinoplasty. Visit your surgeon who knows what was done during your surgery and what you looked like at the completion of the operation.

Still swollen 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon that after the cast comes off the nose (usually 1 week) there is some swelling for awhile. This is temporary and will gradually subside. Icing helps. Check with your doc to make sure there is no sign of infection.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon