What is the Best Non Surgical Procedures for Under Eye Wrinkles? (photo)

I am 41 and just recently had Botox for the first time. Around the eyes looks much better,its only been 5 days and I'm satisfied with the results so far(minus the black eye). Now I'm wanting to do something about the under eye wrinkles and dark circles. I have been told fillers can not be done in this area. Is this true? If so what is a better option?

Fillers for Eye Wrinkles

+2

Botox takes up to 2 weeks to work, so you still have not seen its full effect.  That given, Botox does not help with under eye wrinkles, dark circles, or hallowing of the tear trough.  The best way to treat this area is with Restylane.    Restylane fills in the hallowing and helps with the dark circles.  This treatment often lasts 9 months to 1 year.   Dr. Halem

Under Eye Wrinkles and Dark Circles

+2

Please wait to do anything until the bruising resolves.  Also it can take about 2 weeks to realize the full effect from Botox so you may have even better results with time.  If you still feel you want to do something non surgically for the dark circles under your eyes, this area responds very well to fillers such as Restylane.  You need to go to an experienced injector.  Nothing will take this problem away completely, but Restylane will certainly be an improvement.   Be aware that bruising is common with this treatment as well.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Radiesse and Restylane For Under Eye Wrinkles

+1

Radiesse is made of a calcium compound that is useful for structural issues (e.g. depressions under the eye). It is also white, making it less susceptible to the Tyndall effect. Tyndall effect is when the skin looks blue from light passing through the injected medium. It is more common with the use of hyaluronic acid fillers eg Juvederm because of there translucency. It tends to occur more commonly with the less viscous hyaluronic acid fillers; with more superficial injections and in thinned skinned areas (eg lower eyelid area. Restylane also an HA is more viscous and less likely to result in this.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon