What Are the Non-surgical Options for Breast Flexion Animation Deformity? (photo)

I got surgery about two months ago. I went from a 32b to a 32dd with a 400 Silicone implant. I just noticed when i flex my pec I get a line across my breast about an inch up from the bottom. After reserching I have all the symptoms of Flexion Animation Deformity. Is there any non-surgical ways to correct this since it is farely early in my recovery?

Double bubble deformity to breast

+1

I don't know of any nonsurgical technique that will correct this.  My recommendation would to either, switch out your implant to a smaller implant that will not extend as low in the shape of your breast, or convert to a submammary placement.

Good luck to you   Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Flexion Animation Deformity?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

There is no specific “nonsurgical way) to correct this problem seen with sub muscular breast augmentation. However, I have found that as breast implants settle over the course of the next few months you may find that the “deformity” will improve to some degree. In my practice, I use massage to help the implants “settle” into their final position. I also ask patients to avoid any strenuous/heavy pectoralis major muscle movement during this time period (for several months after surgery).

Make sure you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who may have other suggestions for you.