Is It Ok to Go into the Sun After Cellulaze?

I had Cellulaze 10 days ago my bruising is almost gone and I would like to go to the pool. Will the sun cause hyper pigmentation? I have med to fair skin ( Irish) but I do tan. Is it safe for me to be in the sun now? And if not, how long should I wait? Thank You! Bridie812

The sun and Cellulaze

+2

Since you are NOT my patient I can not advise you directly. BUT why risk pigmentation changes by going in the sun after ONLY 10 days post op. ??? Ask your certified Cellulaze surgeon his/her recommendations, bet you are told NO SUN for 6 to 12 weeks. 

Sun exposure after Cellulaze

+1

Thanks for the question.  Like the others here, It is not recommended to allow sun exposure to the area after such a recent procedure.  I would post-pone this for at least several months as long-lasting hyperpigmentation could occur with intense sun exposure.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Sun exposure after Cellulaze

+1

Ten days after treatment is too early to be spending a significant time in the sun.  You will need to keep the incision sites protected especially for some time to prevent hyperpigmentation.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Going in the Sun After Cellulaze

+1

Thank you for your question. I would advise covering the treated area if venturing out into the sun after Cellulaze. This way, you do not risk lengthening or altering the healing process. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze and the sun

+1

We advise our patients to wear sunblock when in the sun and put a small band aid over the incision site.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Please check with your doctor regarding sun exposure following Cellulaze.

+1

Be sure to check with the doctor who did the procedure for post operative care recommendations including going swimming.  There are some adverse effects on healing wounds that need to be considered before sun exposure.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun Exposure after Cellulaze

+1

Greetings~

This soon after Cellulaze you should definitely consider covering the incision sites so they don't discolor and continue to heal nicely.  Cover the incisions with a band-aid or adhesive dressing, not just sunscreen, in order to protect them. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD