What is the Success Rate of Radiesse for Eye Hollows?

Which one brings more results for eye hollows; Radiesse or Juvederm?

Radiesse For Eye Hollows

+1

Radiesse is an excellent filler to address eye hollows. It is made of tiny calcium hydroxyapatite particles which add structural support to the injected area. This effect is quite useful for evening out the hollows so that it is more even with the surrounding skin surface. The calcium compound also promotes the synthesis of new collagen fibers to further enhance the firmness of your skin.

Also Radiesse is white. So it is less susceptible to the Tyndall effect, which is somewhat of an issue with Juvederm.

The Tyndall effect is when the color blue is apparent as light passes through a clear substance like Juvederm. In the undereye area, this can look like a bruise.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Good filler for the eye hollow.

+1

I would not use Radiesse for the eye hollow because in that area the skin is too thin and there is high probability to see bumps or irregularities. The best filler for that area is Restylane but one has to be careful to avoid injection in a blood vessel because it could cause blindness. I only use a blunt canula to inject that area. This will avoid an intravascular injection and is almost painless and bruiseless.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Best Filler for Eye Hollows

+1

We do not use Radiesse in the unforgiving area of the tear troughs or hollows.  Regardless of skilled technique, there are other issues already stated for why this is not a good product for this treatment area.

We prefer Restylane over Juvederm at there is less chance of Tyndall effect and migration.

Be certain to ask to see before/after photos when choosing your practitioner.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Radiesse is not optimal for eye hollows

+1
Radiesse is a thick material and should not be injected under the eyes because it can cause palpable and visible nodules. Restylane is the treatment of choice in this area of the face. The manufacturer is offering $100 off two syringes through the holiday season which makes it an excellent value. See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Radiesse and hollow eyes

+1

Radiesse should not be injected under the eyes due to the thick nature of the filler and the motion of the Orbicularis oculi muscle in that region. It will cause clumping of the filler and you may have noticeable nodules after!!!

Instead you should have an experienced injector treat the hollow eyes with Restylane.  

Good luck !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

+1

IMHO, zero.  Radiesse and Perlane are thick soft tissue fillers that are meant to be injected into the subcutaneous fatty layer.  The thin skin, of the lower eyelids has no such fatty tissue layer and if these fillers are placed there a lump or bump is likely to occur making the lower eyelids unsightly.

Best treatments for eye hollows

+1

Both Radiesse or Restylane can be used with great success to treat areas of volume loss under the eyes. Radiesse will last much longer but many physicians are reluctant to use it in this area because it cannot be reversed with hyaluronidase if the patient is unhappy with the results. Of course the "success rate" will vary between physicians but when done carefully the results are consistently excellent in this area when either filler is properly used. For reasons already stated, Juvederm should not be used in this area.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Hollows under Eyes

+1

I would not recommend Radiesse for treatment under the eyes.  The skin of the eyelids is thin and there is a risk of lumpiness or overcorrection.  The most appropriate filler in that area would be either Juvederm Ultra or Restylane.  These are hyaluronic acid fillers which can be reversed with hyaluronidase if needed.    

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse or Juvederm for Eye Hallows

+1

I would not use Radiesse or Juvederm  to treat eye eye hallows. I inject  Radiesse in deeper grooves with thicker skin such as the nasolabial grooves from the nose to the corner of the mouth  or to improve facial contours  like cheek projection. I don't use Juvederm around the eyes because it sometimes absorbs tissue fluids which can exaggerate and prolong swelling. I  prefer Restylane to fill the eye hallows.