Should I Use the Strattice? Does It Solve Problems? (photo)

2003 350c saline capsular contracture 3 months in. 2004 350c memory gel after 6 months 2013 left side 325/ right 350 Now hemotoma and bottoming out. PS recommends strattice Will this end my nightmare?

Should I Use the Strattice? Does It Solve Problems?

Thank you for the question. The use of acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be very helpful when it comes to providing additional support for breast implants and/or breast tissue. I find this material very helpful in cases where patients have recurrent implant displacement concerns and/or significant loss of skin/tissue strength.
Acellular dermal matrix is a biologic implant that carries the ability to become integrated into native tissue. It is made by taking a full thickness section of skin from a donor source (his human, porcine, or bovine in origin). These materials may be helpful as a supportive matrix, help with the breast implant displacement/malposition, provide additional support where a capsule repair (capsulorraphy) is carried out ( such as cases involving bottoming out, lateral displacement, symmastia) etc. I have also found the material to be very helpful when it comes to treating severe breast implant rippling/palpability concerns. Furthermore, the acellular dermal matrix is very helpful when it comes to treating challenging/recurrent cases of breast implant encapsulation.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to specifically to the use of acellular dermal matrix for breast surgery, helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns as well.

Strattice for bottoming out and capsular contacture

Each revision surgery gets more complicated, especially when there has been capsular contracture plus other problems such as bottoming out. Strattice is a unifying solution that can reduce the chances of recurrent capsular contracture, support the breast when the implant has dropped, and add coverage which may be thinned as a result of capsulectomy.

Richard Baxter, MD

Although an exam would be necessary, from your description, a Strattice sling to maintain position, reduce rippling, and reduce capsular contracture rate may be a very good option. Find a plastic surgeon who wrote the chapter on breast augmentation revision with Strattice with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA