Do you think I should take the stitches out or leave them?

I had a thigh and buttocks liposuction 2 weeks ago and I did not get my stitches out. They are tied in a knot on the surface of the skin, and i fear of poor scaring. Last time i had this done, the doctor took the stitches out, even though he said they were dissolveable. but now nothing. Do you think i should take the stitches out or leave them? If i do not take them out, do you think the scaring will be worse than taking them out?

You should be discussing this with your PS. In my patients, I would remove them by now but I cannot comment on your specific case. Why haven't you just gone back to your PS?

Removing liposuction sutures

Absorbing sutures don't always absorb after liposuction.

Sometime sutures will leave little marks.

At two weeks, these liposuction incisions are healed.

Call your surgeon and ask if s/he wants to remove the sutures or if you can do it yourself.