Why Haven't the Stitches from my Septo/rhinoplasty Dissolved?

i am 1 month post-op and i still have stiches on my septum that are hard and stick out.. it feels very weird when i tug on them, and im scared to pull them out because they look thick and hard. they only stick out from one side of the septum, and on on the other side there is a bump/pimple looking thing right neat the tip of the septum. have i not healed properly ? i had my rhinoplasty done oversees, so i cannot get my nose checked by the surgeon himself. should i be concerned?

Persistent sutures

+1

It's really hard to say what is going on with the sutures that you're noticing. At times dissolvable sutures can persist past a month. Although you can't visit with your surgeon easily you could try contacting his or her office to ask their advice.

Another option would be to have a local surgeon check out your nose.

Persistence of absorbable sutures

+1

Since the best option is not available to you (following up with your surgeon), the next best option would be to follow up with a qualified surgeon in your area.  At times absorbable sutures can persist longer than intended, and they should be removed.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Dissolvable stitches sometimes need to be removed after rhinoplasty.

+1

Sometimes dissolvable stitches persist longer than desired. Your surgeon will remove these for you if he feels they have served their purpose.

Stitches from septo/rhino

+1

Usually septal stitches are absorbable but sometimes they hang around a bit longer than expected.  On occasiion a permanent suture is placed with septal splints but these are removed with the splints.  Best to check with your surgeon.