What would be the best solution to my teeth gap? (photo)

I was wondering what would be the best solution to my teeth gap? I've been insecure about my teeth for as long as I can remember. . I never smile. How much would it cost and how long would it take?

Braces Vs Porcelain veneers

+1
A set of X rays and a clinical evaluation will give us an idea of how is your bone structure. If you do not want to wait for a braces solution, which will take ususally at least a year to see some results, also veneers could be a good option and you can change completely the way your smile looks now. You can close that gap but it depends in how much time you want to spenjd on the treatment. Hope this helps.

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Braces best result

+1
The first thing is to completely evaluate your oral health to rule out periodontal disease. This condition can cause shifting and thus needs to be treated first. If your teeth are just misaligned then orthodontics (braces) is the best choice. Upon thorough examination, fi it is found that the molar alignment is acceptable, you could opt for "Short term Braces" This is an accepted orthodontic technique that focuses on aligning the front teeth without changing the occlusion of the back teeth. This could be accomplished in as little as 6 months. The fees vary by region of the country that you live in and between different doctors. I have done veneers on large gaps like this, and they always improve the smile, however they make the front teeth look large. Condoleeza Rice, former secretary of State had this procedure done. I disagree with Dr. Timmerman…orthodontics would be more expensive by five or six times than veneers, depending on how many veneers.  Hope this helps!

Gregory Bowen, DDS
San Antonio Cosmetic Dentist

Orthodontics

+1
If this were my mouth, I would look into braces.  Not sure the price or length of time, would need xrays and exam to figure that out.  Porcelain veneers is an option, but would be about 3-4 times the fee and a plan to redo the case at least once in your life.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist