What is the Best Solution for my Nasolabial Folds/smile Lines? (photo)

I smile alot and the nasolabial folds are most certainly genetic as my fathers side all have deep ones. Would cosmetic surgery be futile in this case?

Best solution for deep nasolabial folds.

+1
Thank you for your photos.  If it is truly a nasolabial fold issue, the best approach is usually a direct approach. Injectables can be very effective in this area. They fill in the contour. Please see an experienced and well trained injector. They will consult with you and together you will make a good decision.

Juvéderm for Smile Lines

+1

Dermal fillers such as Juvéderm and Radiesse will help improve your nasolabial folds regardless if they are due to genetics, aging or environmental factors. Dermal fillers add volume to the face that smooth wrinkles. This non-surgical approach improves appearance while also diminishing the complications of surgery, such as scarring, longer recovery periods and infections.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds and dermal fillers

+1

Since your nasolabial folds are prominent and bothersome for you, consider treatment with Radiesse or Juvederm and it will help for 7-12 months depending on how fast you metabolize it.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Nasolabial fold treatment

+1

Thank you for the question and photo!  Although difficult to answer your question accurately without an examination, the photograph that you show do not demonstrate any need for surgical treatment of this area at this time.  I would consider dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.  These are temporary treatments that can last 6-12 months.  It may allow you to see the results if you like them via this modality.  Fat grafting to this area is also an excellent option, and permanent.  Facial fat grafting has been an excellent adjunct for facial rejuvenation with very minimal complications and down time.   I hope that this helps! 

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Solution for NLF

+1

The easiest solution to correcting your nasolabial folds is to have dermal filler injections. There are many on the market such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, etc. that would work well in this area. These fillers last around a year. The filler may be injected directly into the fold or into the cheeks to help lift the fold. The great thing about fillers is the immediate result.

Tracy Katz, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments to improve nasolabial folds

+1

The appearance of nasolabial folds certainly can be due to hereditary causes.  Although your picture does not show your entire face, you do not appear to need any sort of surgical lift.  There are different types of fillers that can be used to improve nasolabial folds, and I would say this would be your best option at this point.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon