What is the Best Solution for Fine Lines Under the Eyes? (photo)

I just want to get rid of my fine lines. I am turning 21 in October and I want to get rid of them.

Treatment of Fine Lines of Lower Eyelids

+2

A light peel or superficial laser treatment can be used but I advise my young patients like you to consult with my esthetician so they can also treat their own skin and minimize the development of these lines in the future.

Lines Under Your Eye and Correction.

+2

The lines under you eyes can be easily addressed with a TCA peel.  This is a quick and inexpensive way to correct the lines.  I use a 30 % TCA  peel and do a mid range peel to subdue your lines.  There is some crusting and redness for 5 or 6 days and then all is pink.  When pink you can use sunblock and also begin HQDA which contains Retin A and Hydroquinone.  You will benefit because this causes a micro mini peel every day and also subdues pigment.  You appear to have darkness under your eyelids and this will correct that.    You may need a second peel in a few years and  you should view an occasional peel as maintenance.  Peels periodically keep you in tip top shape.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

What is the Best Solution for Fine Lines Under the Eyes?

+2

For softening of fine lines, under the lower eyelid, I use a 30% TCA chemical peel that takes 10 minutes to perform and heals in about 1 week.

Under eye lines

+2

"Dennie morgan folds" are present in young people with a predisposition to eczema/allergies. There are no great treatments for them, but lasers, including FRAXEL re:store (1550) and CO2, can help. Given your skin type, you would need to avoid sun after the treatment and possibly use a skin brightener before and after the treatment to prevent skin darkening. Regardless of whether you have a laser procedure, a good moisturizing eye cream is a must to soften the line and prevent further lines.

If you don't have issues with swelling under your eyes or hay fever, a drop of botox into the lower lid can also help. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Lines Under the Eyes in Very Young Patients may be from Allergies. Cosmetic treatment is not indicated.

+2

Dear writer, As a dermatologist, I believe your lines represent Dennie-Morgan lines. We see these lines form on the lower eyelids in patients with very sensitive skin and even a history of allergies or eczema. I would recommend you consider applying a light, hypoallergenic moisturizing eye lotion (discuss the choice of product with your dermatologist), and believe that Zyrtec 10 mg daily may be helpful in your case as well. I would not treat you with any lasers, Botox or fillers. You do not have wrinkles from aging. I believe you have 'lines' from sensitive skin. I hope this information is helpful. From Miami, Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Fine Lines under Eyes

+2

Since you are only 21, I would advise you not to be too aggressive at this point in time. In my experience, I have found that using topical Hyaluronic acid gel, such as Vivier Hydragel can be very useful in decreasing the appearance of fine lines. It is an excellent hydrator and is non-irritating in this sensitive area. It can be applied at least twice a day, and by applying an emollient eye cream on top,it will help seal in the moisture and reduce the appearance of your fine lines.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

21 and lower lids lines/folds...what to do?? Ask Dr Ellen

+2

Hello there 12345678,

Lower eyelids can be a challenging area to treat, regardless of age!  Fortunately, there are some options.

Non surgical:

Minimize the appearance of the lines by either adding volume to the area (example: a hyaluronic acid filler) and/or by treating the quality of the skin by a combination of treatments that alternativly exfoliate, tighten and moisturize the skin.

Surgical:

Eyelid lift to remove a tiny amount of tissue just below your lash line to reduce the redundant fold.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Fine lines under the eyes

+2

Without a picture it is difficult to give you specific advise.  At 21 years of age, a good hydrating skin line with facials should be adequate for the fine lines.  As you get older, there will be need for fillers to replace volume.  HAs are great for that area.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fine Lines Under the Eyes Can be Treated with Skin Care or Laser

+2

The fine line under your lower eyelids can be a skin quality issue or an excess skin issue. Since you are so young, it may be an issue that your lower eyelids are "hollow" and actually need a little fill. I would recommend starting with the simplest solution first, which is to use quality medical products from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to improve your skin quality and minimize the creases. A PS or dermatologist can analyze your problem and direct you to the best solution. Laser resurfacing can also improve the skin texture and smooth some of the fine wrinkles but is more invasive. Start with the simplest solution first.

Michele Koo, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon