What is the Best Solution to Fill out Your Breast After Weight Loss?

Can cell lipo be a solution to loss of breast after weight loss with out implants

Breast volume loss after weight loss disappoints

+1

The loss of volume in breasts after weight loss can be disappointing.  Fat grafting with multiple sessions can only increase the size of the breasts 1/2 to possibly one cup size. It does not do anything for any extra skin that you may have. Implants with a lift corrects the loss of volume and addresses the problem of excess skin.  To see what you may be a candidate for, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation after weight loss

+1

Women often find that their breast volume deflates after weight loss.  This can be a real problem with massive weight loss.  Depending on the degree of deflation, you may find that a combination of a breast lift and augmentation with implants may be the right approach.  To determine if you need implants, you should answer the question as to whether you are happy with your size in a bra.  If so, then a lift may be sufficient.  If not, then you may consider adding implants.  One other general point is that you should consider whether you are at a stable point in your weight loss.  I have had patients who have fluctuated greatly with weight loss and started with breast reduction surgery, then a lift and augmentation after weight loss, then a lift and implant removal after subsequent weight gain.  Though you can never predict the future, it does help to make sure you are at a stable point with your weight before considering surgery.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Breast volume replacement after weight loss

+1

Congratulations on your recent weight loss! Restoring breast volume after weight loss is a common question. It can be done several ways. First and foremost, in the process of lifting your breast and restoring shape, sometimes the resultant shape and volume is sufficient for patients and no additional volume is required. If after the breast lifting is completed ( your surgeon can help you preview this at a consultation by lifting your breasts manually in a mirror and showing you the approximate size result), you desire more volume then placing an implant or fat grafting can be explored. 

Implant surgery is the more common method of breast volume enhancement and is often performed with some sort of breast lifting procedure, especially after weight loss. It involves placing a saline or silicone breast implant. A newer technique involves fat grafting and is showing more and more promise. The downside of fat grafting is that you might require more than one surgical procedure in order to achieve the volume you desire. The upside is that you would have a breast made up entirely of 'you'.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - What is the Best Solution to Fill out Your Breast After Weight Loss?

+1

As always, there is rarely a "Best" solution.  There are, instead, several choices and the most advisable course depends on what you look like, what you want to look like, and what you're willing (and able) to have done.  Among the choices are breast implants, breast lifts, and fat injections.  Implants and fat injections simply fill the breasts; they do not provide more than the slightest degree of lift.  A more formal lift procedure (generally involving more extensive scarring than an enlargement procedure alone) is normally required to "lift" the breasts.  And after weight loss there tends to be a greater-than-average degree of "sagging," which will normally require a lift.

So - what do you look like?  Doing your research online is a good start (my book is now available as an e book), and then you should see a few plastic surgeons for confirmation.  Fat injections alone have provided some dramatic results but are not without question and some degree of controversy in the sense that the percentage of fat that survives is somewhat unpredictable.  Implant surgery, of course, is not without risk either.

Balancing the choices with your anatomy is the way to proceed and achieve the most beneficial result for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Implants are reliable way to fill out breasts after weight loss

+1

Hi Wennie,

Congratulations on your weight loss.  "Deflation" of the breasts can occur after weight loss.  When a patient comes to the office for consultation, I want to determine if she has volume loss, sagging or both.  I always ask my patients if they are happy with their size in a bra.  If you are happy with your size in a bra, it may be that a lift with repositioning and shaping of your existing breast tissue is enough.  However, often an implant is needed to achieve the desired result, sometimes with a lift.  I am not a fan of fat transfer to the breast for augmentation at this point in time.  Autoaugmentation procedures such as reverse abdominoplasty are a nice alternative for patients who need a tummy tuck but result in a scar that crosses the midline just below the breast and can be visible in low neckline clothing.  Implants are a safe and reliable way to increase your breast size.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

How to fill out breasts after weight loss?

+1

Although implants are by far the most common technique for increasing breast volume, two other possibilities are autoaugmentation with your own abdominal skin and fat (pulling the excess upper abdominal skin and fat and burying it beneath your existing breasts), and fat grafting to the breasts.  Use of the BRAVA device cumbersome, and less effective for patients with significant skin excess.

Steve Laverson, MD

Fill Out Breasts After Weight Loss

+1

Depending on the amount of weight loss and loose skin, implants are the best option. A breast lift may be included also. Fat injections are not likely to be useful in such a case.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Fill Out Breasts after Weight Loss?

+1

In my opinion, breast implants remain the “gold standard” for filling out breasts  after weight loss. Often, breast lifting is also necessary.

Breast after weight loss

+1

Breast imlpants still remain the best option to restore volume to the breasts after massive weight loss.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Solution to fill breasts after weight loss

+1

One of the things that happens after weight loss is often some deflation of the breasts.  To "fill them up" the most reliable way is with a breast implants. Fat grafts are not as reliable and often take several treatments to maybe achieve the desired effect.