What is the Smallest Size I Can Hope For?

I am 5.2 175 lbs and a 38 g-h. I am going to finally get a reduction. I want to.go to a c cup. I want my.nipples smaller too. How small could I go?

Size after Breast Reduction

+1

It is difficult, if not impossible, to predict size after breast reduction surgery. Your surgeon is in the best position to guesstimate what it would be; however bra manufacturers vary considerably in how they size bras. Talk with your surgeon about what your goals are, whether you want to be a  small as possible or just smaller than you are, and that will help the two of you decide on an appropriate goal for you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction may certainly be an option for you however an exam would be in order. In general, most surgeons use a cookie cutter that can size the areola diameter to 4-5 cms wide. AS for the cup size it is difficult to say for sure without an exam. You are morelikley to get down to a "C" or small "D" in reality.  Much smaller may nor be feasible without leaving a flat breast.

Cup Size Following Reduction

+1

There are some limitations on how small breasts can be reduced, since there needs to be sufficient tissue remaining to provide adequate blood supply to the nipple areolar complex and other areas of the breast.  It is probably possible to reduce your G/H cup to a C/D cup but not any smaller.

John Whitt, MD

Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. Sometimes  the resulting breast size may be limited by the width of the patient's chest wall.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients, like you, wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In regards to the size of the nipple/areola,  make sure you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon.