What is the Smallest Amount of CC's You Can Use in Breast Augmentation?

What is the smallest size of implants you can use if you want augmentation? Thanks!

Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Deciding what size implant is best for an augmentation...

+1

Implant size by itself is not very helpful for judging the success of an augmentation.  Factors such as the patient’s build, height, weight or chest wall dimensions are important to consider.  Other issues such as natural asymmetries of either the chest wall or the breast also come into play when choosing the breast implant size. Al

though the implant manufacturers make sizes as small as 120cc’s I have never had an occasion to use an implant smaller than 240 cc’s for a cosmetic augmentation.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

There is no limit to the smallest implant that can be used in a breast augmentation.

+1

Standard sizes stop around 150cc, but custom implants can be made even smaller.  Of course, if the implants a really small, what's the point?