What is the best skin tightening solution?

I have lost weight and am pretty slim now, but have some sagging skin around the tummy and flanks. What is the best solution out there?

Tummy tuck is usually best option to tighten tummy skin

Thank you for your question. Of course an in person examination and consultation with a plastic surgeon is required to properly answer your question. Generally speaking however a tummy tuck is the most effective method to tighten loose tummy skin. Nonsurgical skin tightening options such as Thermage, Ulthera, and others do not produce significant tightening of tummy skin.

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Loose skin beyond a certain point is best addressed with skin excision.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Best solution for skin tightening

Hello and thank you for your question.
Congrats on the weight loss. After significant weight loss many people are left with loose excess skin. One can not say what is the best option for you without seeing you. There are lesser invasive options for tightening skin that has mildly lost its elasticity when there is not much excess. However, usually after significant weight loss a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck is necessary. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

44 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013

Skin tightening

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss!
Without  photos I can only give general information.
Several factors need to be addressed:
1) your goals.
2) the amount of loose skin.
3) the  exact location of the loose skin.
4) the trade off of hiding hidden scars for contour improvement.

There are some non-surgical options that combine radio frequency 
technology and heat to help shrink the skin without surgical scars
(Vella Shape III).
I suggest you make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has both surgical and non surgical technology in their office

Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, CA 92506

Skin tightnening after weight loss

The "best" solution depends on many factors and including how much extra skin you have, and what your goals are.

It is best to get an exam and review options.  Likely a tummy tuck or other skin removal operation will be needed.  Of course, you may choose to do nothing.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

2813 W Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092

Weight loss

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures or techniques will work best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Torre 7, José Clemente Orozco 2230 Zona Rio
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

Skin tightening

It is difficult to be sure without an examination, but typically skin removal is the option. Either a skin only  or a circumferential T Tuck if you have laxity all the way around.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

91 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851

Best skin tightening

If you have lost weight and now have extra sagging skin, the only effective treatment is to surgically remove the skin. A tummy tuck procedure sounds like the procedure that would provide the best skin tightening results for you. There are lots of non-invasive technologies that claim to provide skin tightening (I have one in my office). But the amount of tightening with these devices is very limited and rarely accomplishes much of anything for the abdomen. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

300 Keisler Drive
Cary, NC 27518