The Skin Under the Lower Abdomen is Really About to Explode?

i had a liposuction surgery one week ago in my lovehandels,banana rolls,lower abdomen,, since the 3rd day the swollen centering under the lower abdomen,in the groin area,,it looks very very fat and painful is this usual i went to my dr he laughed and say maybe i will turn to man i hate this wish u can advise me

Pubic Area Swelling after Liposuction is Common

+1

Pubic area swelling after liposuction is very common.  This area has tight fascial planes that do not provide for rapid fluid egress, and gravity allows for greater fluid migration to this area.  This gets much better after the first week or twoTo help during the recovery, try to keep the area elevated as much as possible by elevating the area with pillows.

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Immediately after liposuction it is very common to have a large amount of swelling.  This swelling is a result of two things.  The first is the inflammation that arises from the surgery and the second is the fluid that the doctor puts in your body to help with the surgery.  This swelling typically increases over the first three days before it starts to improve.  You should really start to see dramatic improvements in the swelling by day five or six.  If you do not, I would contact your surgeon.

If you are wondering why the swelling seems to be especially bad in the groin area, this is simply a result of gravity.  The fluid that accumulates in the tummy area after liposuction travels down to the groin and builds up there as you are up and walking around.  Again look to see dramatic improvements by day 5 or 6.  It will not be totally better by then but should be steadily improving.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Swelling in Genitalia Area after Liposuction Surgery?

+1

I think you are referring to swelling in the genitalia that can occur after liposuction surgery. This occurs as fluid/swelling moves into the genitalia area.   When male patients experienced this phenomenon, the scrotum can become  very large. This will resolve over the course of the next few weeks.

Swelling after Liposuction

+1

Are you wearing your compression garments as directed? This can help reduce the swelling and keep you from getting localized pockets of fluid that look bizarre. Give it time and I suspect this swelling will disappear. If not, return to your physician again. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

How to manage lower abdomen and groin swelling after lipo?? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Tips for large swelling after lipo:

1.  massage the areas- yourself, with masseuse or endermologie

2.  remember that the swelling will alway drift downward- into the pubic area, inner thighs and further

3.  and it can be uncomfortable due to moisture collecting in those areas- so shower regularly and keep the areas clean and dry

4. compression garments can help

5. if the lower abdomen truly feels like it is about to burst- get back in to see you doctor and find out if you have a seroma which may need to be drained

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and swelling

+1

While swelling is common after liposcution you did the right thing in seeing your doctor with your concerns. Continue to follow-up as per his routine.

Swelling of Pubic Area after Lipo

+1

Swelling of the pubic area/ just below the abdomen is common when lipo is done on the tummy or sides. Don't worry, you won't turn into a man! Your doctor was just trying to make a joke and relieve your worries. Swelling in that area normally goes away in a week or so.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon