Is the Skin Underneath the Breast Supposed to Be Bunched Together After Breast Reduction, from 36DD to 36 C? (photo)

I am 9 days post op, and scared out of my mind.

Bunching of skin after breast reduction can occcur

+1

I know it looks frightening now, but sometimes we bunch skin like this in order to produce a good shape to the breasts and to keep our scar length acceptable.  It appears as though your surgeon has done a very nice job of producing well balanced breasts with good form; it's just very early and the tissues need to settle down.  Be patient, I'll be your result will be very nice in a couple of months or so.

Bunched skin after breast reduction will settle down

+1

Hello

This is normal. This is due to the swelling in the skin and the excess skin.

The swelling which is due to fluid will resolve in the next 3 weeks and the excess skin will shrink in 3 months. Its a bit like how the tummy skin shrinks back after childbirth. With removal of excess breast tissue the stretch on the skin is no longer there and it will shrink. Taping and support bras will help

Hope you find this useful

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Bunched skin after reduction

+1

The skin can be bunched after a breast reduction in very large breasts. This often softens and improves with time.

Bunched skin after breast reduction

+1

hello,

Rest assured that the puckering and bunched skin will settle over the next few weeks to months.  It is sometimes necessary to gather the skin in this way to allow the longer edge to be sutured to the shorter edge.  Surgical tape is a useful way to support the skin edges at this early stage then massaging and moisturising the scars will help the bunched areas soften.

all the best,

Simon Overstall, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon