Will the Skin Sag/be Loose After Liposuction? (photo)

Dear Doctor, I am thinking of getting a liposuction done on the abdomen/flanks/pubic area, I have seen three plastic surgeons and two of them have said that I would be a good candidate and the skin will contract back but the other one said that I have a slight chance of getting loose skin and that I should be prepared for it (perhaps would have to do a tummy tuck in the future)... I am confused about these differing opinions, I have stretch marks in the lower abdomen, could you give an opinion

From the photos, you shouldn't have to worry about loose, saggy skin at all.

+2

From your photos, the skin should contract very nicely and you shouldn't have to worry about loose, saggy skin unless your doc uses too large of canulas which can cause waviness and saggy skin. Typically, the best results of smoothness and skin contracture are from canulas which are 3.0 mm and smaller. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Will the Skin Sag/be Loose After Liposuction?

+2

Thanks posting photos. Over the internet very hard to give definitive treatment plans. Yes you are a candidate for some type of liposuction. And yes there is always a risk of waviness in the skin. But it is a trade off. Vs having a very large operation by excising the skin and fat with the resultant scarring. If you where my patient I would also recommend Smart Lipo Triplex + lipo. Best of luck 

Loose skin after liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You appear to have good quality skin.  If you are relatively young and have good skin quality you should not have significant skin laxity after liposuction.  The link below is from one of my patients who underwent 5 liter liposuction of his abdomen.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Loose skin after Liposuction

+1

Loose skin is always a possibility after liposuction although in young patients it is usually not an issue.  From your photos it appears that your chances of loose skin would be minimal.  

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Loose Skin After Liposuction

+1

An in-person consultation is always more effective than photos because we can get a better look at the quality and elasticity of the skin.  However, judging just on your photos, it looks like you are a good candiate for liposuction in your problem areas.  In any liposuction procedure, loose skin is a small risk depending on the patient but in your case it looks like you will experience positive results from liposuction.  The best advice is to follow your surgeon's directions after surgery and during recovery to allow your body to heal properly to give you the best possible results.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Tightening the skin after liposuction

+1

Factors to consider in terms of skin tightening include the presence of stretch marks, solar elasticity, and the amount of liposuction performed.  In my office, we offer ancillary laser tightening procedures to help improve skin tightening. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS