Will the Size Change Drastically Because I Love It Now?

I'm 5'0, 117 lbs and one week post op. I chose 325cc gel because my PS suggested I go bigger than my original plan of 300 cc. I love the size now!!! (under muscle insertion) When I tried on the sizers, the 350cc looked too big for my body frame so I reluctantly went with the 325cc and I'm glad I did. My question is: Will the size change drastically because I'm happy with this size? I don't want to think that I should have gone with the 350.

Size changes after an augmentation

+1

Good thing you listened to the advice of your PS. Things will change as you recover, a lot of patients comment that they likes the bigger size right after their surgery. So you will be somewhat smaller as the swelling gets better. Congratulations 

John Paletta

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Final Breast Size After Swelling Goes Down

+1

You will have some subtle changes over the course of a few months. So subtle you may not even be able to tell. You will look pretty close to the way you do now. Based on your height and weight, I think 325cc will be a great size for you. So glad you're happy. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast augment final results

+1

You are one week out from surgery? Is there much bruising or swelling? If there is not, you will not change dramatically. The swelling will come down some and the breasts may settle over time. By 6 months you should be where you will be. One of those times you just need to wait and see. It's great you are happy with your breast appearance after surgery!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Changes after breast augmentation

+1

It typically takes about 5 weeks before a woman's breasts really begin to feel 'normal' after breast augmentation.  Until that time there is a moderate amount of stretching of the tissues and some swelling, resulting in breasts that just don't feel quite right.  In the 5th week the tissues begin to relax and suddenly a woman will go an entire day without even thinking about her breasts (instead of constantly being aware of them, as happens in the first 4 weeks).  The look changes as the tissues relax but I don't think that the overall fullness changes too much.  Some of the fullness in the upper breast shifts to the central and lower breast.  As a result, maybe there's just a little more room at the top of a bra after a few weeks than in the first few days.  This doesn't mean that the size (volume) changes, but where that volume ends up does change.  My guess is that if you love your look now, you're going to love your look 3 months from now.  And, you'll probably have a lot of cute new tops to go with it!

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Size of breast probably won't change much

+1

Congrats on your surgery and thanks for your question. Most of the time at one week the implants have started to drop. There is usually not too much swelling to significantly impact your result. Realize there is less than a 1 ounce difference as you go from 300-325CC. Hopefully your result will continue to exceed your expectations. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast Size Change after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I think that you can relax in that the breast size should not change  “drastically”.  Sometimes, as breast implants “settle”, the breasts may even seem slightly larger ( “drop and fluff”).

Enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Swelling after breast implants

+1

1 week after breast implants most patients are still swollen some but not dramatically. The size generally does not change too much but the shape often does. The breasts start to settle and take on a more natural shape. Many surgeons actually encourage this settling to take place faster by using a band around the top of the breasts to push them down into a more natural position. But if you love them now then a band is not for you. Your surgeon will let you know at your post op appointment what further measures to take and when to resume your normal routine.

William LoVerme, MD