What the Best Between Silicone or Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scars?

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

Silicone for Acne scars versus laser resurfacing

+1

I definitely do not like the idea of silicone injections. I have seen too many issues with this approach. Sometimes the silicone keeps growing and I have seen some pretty bad deformities and have worked on these situations. I do like laser resurfacing but it is just part of the solution. Really laser resurfacing is used at the very end and I use this with a multilayered attack on the scarrring.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser vs Silicone

+1

There is no "best" treatment for acne scarring because there are different types of acne scars. In general, fillers are most helpful with softly sloping-type (atrophic scars. For those with more abrupt edges, CO2 laser works better. The CO2 laser also works for the softer (atrophic) scars because the skin is tightened and new collagen is generated.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Silicone is Excellent for Acne Scars

+1

There are different types of acne scars and certain types necessitate different treatments. That being said, I personally think laser is useless for acne scarring in general. For broad-based or depressed scars, injectable fillers works beautifully. Silicone is ideal for this as it is extremely precise and permanent.  Please click on the link below to review before and after photos of patients with acne scars treated with silicone. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD