The Silicone Implant in my Nose Sticks out on Top of my Nose? (photo)

Hi, i just had Asian rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. I had a silicone implant put in my nose, to lift the bridge a bit. At the moment i love everything about it, it goes really well with my face. Just one thing that is bothering me, i can feel the silicone on top of my nose between my eyes, where the the implant starts. I can push it down and it looks good and the rest of the nose is not affected. The doctor said it will go down. But I'm starting to get worried. You can't tell if you don't feel it.

Palpable implant after Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Although your implant may be perhaps placed too high or not in the right tissue plane, it has been only three weeks since the procedure and thus I would advise you to wait at least another month or two before making a definitive assessment. If what you are feeling is due to swelling, it should  improve in time. 

Malpositioned Nasal Dorsal Silicone Implant

+1

I agree with all previous responders.  This should be an easy fix. 1, stop touching your nasal implant. 2, see your plastic surgeon and give him or her an opportunity to correct what appears to be a malpositioned nasal dorsal implant.  This may have been caused by some post-operative occurrence, or just scarring from normal wound healing.  At any rate, it is correctable. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Silicone nose implant

+1

I have to agree that it may have been placed a little too high or become mispositioned. Certainly stop manipulating it, you are in a critical point in the healing process. Thankfully, Silicone implants are very easy to adjust! But please make another appointment with your doctor before too much time passes. It is much easier to fix now rather thank waiting if that is what needs to be done.

Edward O. Terino, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue of nose

+1

If your implnat is that high, it is probably too high.  I would check with your surgeon to see what he suggests.  It may need to be adjusted.

The Silicone Implant in my Nose Sticks out on Top of my Nose?

+1

It appears that the silastic implant is too high and may not be positioned below the nasal bone covering where it typically is placed.  The upper segment of this type of silicone implant should not move and it's probably not a good idea for you to push on the implant.  You might want to go back to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty for evaluation of the implant.  

The Silicone Implant in my Nose Sticks out on Top of my Nose

+1

It is possible that the implant has become malpositioned. For now you should stop manipulating the implant. Have your surgeon re-evaluate your nose. You may need a revision.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon