Does the Silicon 500 Cc High Profile Give Me a Fuller Look Than a 425 Moderate Profile?

i like to have a fuller look ...does 500cc silicone high pofile give me fuller look that 421 moderate profile?..i am 5 ft tall weight 108 pounds small frame.like to have projection and fullness on top.

Breast Augmentation and looking 'Full'

+3

I am not quite sure what you mean by looking 'full'.  Do you mean large? Wide? Projecting?

Since I don't know what you mean, I'll tell you about those two implants. First of all they would both be considered large to very large implants for someone of your stature and body weight. The 421 cc style 15 is actually wider than the 500 style 20, the latter implant gets it's larger volume in projection.  So in a perfect world, the 421 would give you more 'fullness' in lateral, medial, and upper directions. That's right, you read it correctly: the intermediate profile implant that is smaller has more upper pole fullness!!  You are not alone about your confusion regarding high profile implants; most women and many surgeons are also.

In the real world, however, large and very large implants can behave unpredictably, most notably the degree of dropout that occurs with higher profile implants.  This would lead to even less upper pole fullness, along with a host of other possible problems.  In a person with your dimensions and very tight breast tissue, either of these implants are prone to either upper malpostion (sitting too high and not settling down with time) or dropout with 'double bubble' phenomenon.

You should see a few breast specialists that are not only certified by the ABPS, but are also members of the ASAPS.  This will (hopefully) decrease the possibility of going to someone who will do anything you ask for, just to keep you from leaving.  I sincerely recommend and hope that you heed their words if they tell you that size is inadvisable.

Volume & Profile are not the sole determination for full pole fullness

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to make beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors: shape of the breasts, position of the breast on the chest wall, symmetry, skin tone, cleavage and least of all volume.  You are small and focusing solely on implant to change cup size and appearance.  More important would be changing the shape of your breasts to produce the upper pole fullness and projection you like.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which does that.  Through incisions around the areola, the implant can be placed, the breast tissue elevated higher on the chest wall to give you upper pole fullness and cleavage you desire.  I recommend implantation with (200 cc) silicone gel placed retro-ectoral with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+1

A "fuller" look is a very subjective thing.  The two implants you mention have similar base dimensions and the extra volume projects forward.  Remember that there are numerous limitations to implant size based on the woman's body and breast shape, and I would caution you against assuming that an implant that projects forward at the level of the nipple is going to give you the "fullness" that you desire.  Consult with your surgeon... listen to him/her and possibly do some 3D imaging to better communicate your desired end result.  Your surgeon will let you know if what you are trying to achieve is possible.  I would also agree with the other surgeon's here that the sizes you are talking about would be considered very large for your body and would likely increase your risk of complication.

Michael Brucker, MD

MAke sure you are comparing "apples to apples"

+1

Hi there- while it is generally true that for any given volume, a high profile implant will produce a more projecting appearance, it is important to understand that that does NOT mean that if you want more projection or upper pole fulness using a high profile implant will achieve the appearance you want...

In other words, its not that simple... 

Taking a step back from the trees and realizing there is a forrest there, lets remember that your goal is to be happy with your appearance, right? So instead of worrying about what implant is used, or the volume of the implant, I would focus and concentrate on carefully communicating to your surgeon your desired appearance. Make sure he/she understands what you are looking for, listen carefully to what they say about what you can expect (be sure what you want is reasonable for your anatomy), and then trust them to guide you to your best outcome. 

Some of the most unhappy women I meet after having breast surgery elsewhere are those who either tried to micro-manage their surgery, and those who never understood that no matter who does your surgery, your outcome is to some extent limited by your starting anatomy and it is important to have realistic goals.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1

they are both pretty big implants for someone as tiny as you.  Personally, I would suggest smaller moderate plus implants.  The 500 cc implants I think are too large and will have more of a tendency to sag with time despite giving you more superior fullness initially.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants and differences

+1

A high profile implant will probalby give you m ore projection thatn the moderate plus implant volume for volume.

Implants should not exceed your breasts' base width. Polyurethane covered implants keep better their position

+1

Dear Hannarose,

I largely agree with Dr Minniti's opinion. With a small frame as yours there is a good chance that such large implants, even 421 cc, will deform you breast and give a very unnatural appearance. It may have the appearance you desire in your bra (the "fullness" you mention) but may look odd when you take your bra off.

The only thing I can add from my European perspective, is that in my experience the tendency to bottom out is less with implants covered with a layer of polyurethane, which adheres quite strongly to the tissues surrounding the implant, thereby stabilizing it. Unfortunately these implants are not available in the USA. They are widely used in Europe and many latin american countries.

Go and see several board certified plastic surgeons, and select the one who is most concerned with your benefit, also on the long term.

Good luck!

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon