Ask a doctor

I had an accident 3 years ago and had 4-5 stitches in my right eyelid. What can be done to correct the damage? (photos)

Two three years back I had a road accident...I was on motorbike and glass of my helemet damaged eyelid of my right eye! I got 4-5 stiches there ...can you please tell me how can I get my beautiful eyelid back in shape like it was before...How can the signs disappear?? ..Please doctor help me I want my right eye just like left..I am very concious about it

Doctor Answers (2)

Eyelid Scar After Accident

Thank you for your question. You will need to come in for a consultation to determine the correct treatment for your eyelid. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon and make an appointment for a consultation.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Options to improve eyelid injury 2-3 years ago

You really would need to be examined to determine what options you might have to improve the right eyelid injury scar you sustained 2-3 years ago.  It may be possible that a minor surgical procedure could be done to improve it, but the exam would determine if this might be a good option for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.