Why Are the Sides of my Breasts (1 Yr Post Surgery) Still Firm/tight?

Hello, I have had 2 surgeries on my breasts, both enhancing with silicone implants. My latest one, we put 600 cc. I have a large frame 6'1'' with a wide chest bone. I love the way my breasts look; however, it is difficult to "push together" my breasts from the sides for cleavage. They feel soft, and I can move them freely, except from the far sides. They are stiff and do not want to move center. They are further to the sides, but that is due to the size (dr said), why cant I push them together

Cannot Push Breasts Together

Breasts that cannot be pushed together are probably the result of breasts that had a wide space before surgery and a space after surgery.  Hard to say without pictures.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Cleavage is not "natural"

You have large implants, which may be perfectly appropriate for you, given your frame.  However, your ribcage anatomy may just not allow you to push those implants together, and that's not likely to change.  Love them as they are, if you can :)

Carmen Kavali, MD

6045 Barfield Road
Atlanta, GA 30328

Can't Create Cleavage

Without a before and after picture it is difficult to say.  It might be because your breast are naturally wide and the implants typically do not go wider toward the center than the natural boundary.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

No cleavage?

Obtaining good cleavage after breast augmentation is often related to your anatomy especially when the implants are placed under the muscle.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

It is hard to try to answer without an in person exam, but impossible without a photo. There are many women in whom it is just not possible to achieve cleavage. If the implants breasts are naturally wide apart, implants will not bring them closer together. For under the muscle implants, which is done by most surgeons, the implants can't move further than where the pectoral muscle attached to the breastbone, and that is at least a one inch separation, often more. 

Please consider posting a photo. If you are not satisfied with your surgeon's explanation, another opinion might be a good choice. Best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Breasts Firm/Tight after Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question, but it is very difficult to answer it without direct examination. Despite best efforts, online consultants can only speculate; you'll be best off,  if you wish additional opinions, seeing board certified plastic surgeons in your area (second opinions).

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942