What are the side effects of getting a tooth pulled?

Will they have to pull a tooth from each side of my jaw so that the teeth don't shift and look asymmetrical in my mouth after they shift in the space the pulled tooth was? Do they have to pull the same tooth/teeth from the bottom jaw so the top and bottom jaw match up?

Should I get teeth extracted?

+1
Side effects include. Teeth that are adjacent to the tooth that was pulled, tipping in. Teeth that are in the bight often over grow. If there was bone loss in the area where the tooth was lost or bone removed during the surgery, this can have an effect on your facial appearance. Resulting in sunken checks, especially if the back upper molars are taken out or any teeth toward the front part of the jaw (between the eye teeth and the molars). This can have an effect on the appearance of the face.

Pulled teeth...

+1
"Will they have to pull a tooth from each side?"  The answer is generally yes.  If the tooth on the right side is in the same type of crowded area as the tooth on the left side, then usually, both are pulled.  

Teeth are not generally pulled from the top and bottom to "match up."  Pulling teeth from the top, doesn't mean that you have to necessarily loose a tooth from the bottom.  

"What are the side effects of getting a tooth pulled?"  Generally, you will have some bone loss in that area.  This means that your jaw will slightly shrink in the area of that missing tooth.  This can be prevented by getting an implant in that area, or simply having braces or Invisalign move teeth into that area.  

Hope this helps.  Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist