After Eyelid Surgery, One Eye Looks Asian While The Other Does Not. What Are My Options?

i had blep uppper/lower surgry. the left eye looks orientl nd th right eye normal shape. can this be corrected..

Asymmetry of the upper eyelids

+1

if the oriental appearance is because of the loss of the eyelid fold, then more surgery can attempt to reattach the skin to the tarsal plate to get better symmetry, if it is the shape, without photos to see, I cannot say what could be done.

More information

+1

Honestly we need much  more information to be able to help you. Pre and post op photos are important. Are you in fact Asian? How long out of surgery are you....Did you want "asian" eyelids?  There are many normal variations to Asian eyelids, so important to know what your expectations are.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

The sutures for the double crease formation on the left eyelid may have come undone or did not form the crease. May need to have revision on the left side if it is 6 months after surgery.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are many options for surgical revision.

+1

However, without more information it is impossible to provide any specifics.  I would encourage you to repost with a photograph and more details such as how long ago was your surgery.  When an eye looses it oriental appearance, it is usually because too much of the upper eyelid fold is removed.  Occasionally the upper eyelid platform is left too long and is associated with upper eyelid ptosis.  The exact nature of the issues determine precisely what the best options are for planning a revisional surgery.  Be careful who you choose for revisional surgery.  It is best to look for a surgeon who devotes a lot of time and energy to performing and fixing Asian eyelid surgery.

Revision blepharoplasty

+1
A photograph and some history would be the only way to help give you some expert advise. If you are uncomfortable posting a photograph on realself please feel free to post some to my personal website listed below and I will try and be of further assistance. I see you are from Louisianna where I was born in New Orleans! To bad about the Saints and Tigers this year! I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD