Is the Shape of my Nose Caused by Graft for Tip Being to High Up Near the Dorsum? (photo)

(11 Days Post Op) I wanted my tip to be refined, but had to have my nasal bones broken because they were also wide, and was told that there would be a graft to help support the tip (raise it up) now from both a front and side view, it appears to be bulging out and I dont have a straight profile , and tip looks large with whatever this thing is. Could it be the graft that was placed? Any way of me knowing by touching it or any signs to know what it is?

Is the Shape of my Nose Caused by Graft for Tip Being to High Up Near the Dorsum?

+1

11 days is far too early to make determinations about results.  You should discuss this with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and have him/her palpate your nasal bridge to show you whether the scoop is from removal of cartilage/bone or residual swelling.  Similarly, the swelling of the supratip...whether it's residual cartilage of the anterior septal angle, a cartilage graft or swelling.

You Need Time for the Swelling to Resolve

+1

11 days after surgery is still very soon after your surgery, and the majority of your swelling is still present.  It can take up to a year before you see the final result of your surgery, but the amount of time the swelling lingers may be influenced by the following things:
1) Whether or not tip work was performed
2) The thickness of the patient's skin
3) If the procedure was open or closed
I would give it some time, as you are still early in the healing process.  I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any concerns you have at this time. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Give your nose time to heal. You are very early and the nose is maximally swollen.  It will change a lot over the next several weeks to  months.

Nose tip too big

+1

Don't worry, the graft is unlikely the cause of the bump you see, which is actually above your tip.  This is an area that typically gets swollen, and sometimes very swollen after rhinoplasty.  Sometimes we can treat that area with an injection of anti-inflammatory medicine to help it shrink, but not all surgeons do that. You should go back and see your surgeon and express your concern so he can examine you, and (most likely) reassure you. In any event, it is very early in your recovery, and most of the time the things we see now are gone in a few weeks to months. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At 11 days you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. Just try to be patient you should have a great result in time.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD