Is the Sciton photo facial “Forever Young” the best way to treat broken capillaries on my nose and cheeks?

I'm 36 and fair skinned with both freckles--which don't bother me--and broken capillaries--which really bother me. The aesthetician (at a plastic surgeon's office) said that she can’t get to the redness without also treating my brown spots. Is this true? Also, how much “downtime” should I expect? I have a Friday afternoon appointment and will need to be presentable by Monday. Is this realistic?

Sciton BroadBand BBL for broken capillaries on the face versus long pulsed Nd:YAG CoolTouch Varia - Buffalo Niagara, NY

The Sciton BBL is FDA cleared for benign pigmented lesions, some cutaneous vascular lesions, hair reduction, and pustular inflammatory acne vulgaris, among others. 

It uses filters to deliver different wavelength energy to treat acne vs vascular telangiectasias ... 

In addition to IPL, there are lasers that are very effective for facial telangiectasias such as the KTP 532 nm laser or the long pulsed Nd:YAG CoolTouch Varia.

Pulsed dye laser

This laser will treat the capillaries and not the freckles.several treatments are needed.The name of one of these lasers is The Perfecta

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Multiple options.

Photo facial can work but so does other types of topical lasers, micro needle radio frequency, VeinWave and VeinGogh (ohmic thermolysis). I don't think that there is a single best treatment. All work and all require multiple treatment sessions.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon