These Are the Scars Left After a Temporal Brow Lift, Please Tell Me This Isn't Right? (photo)

I had a temporal brow lift 6 months ago and was left noticeably scarred and bald. The 'reputable' surgeon lifted the corner of my brows like we discussed but then left me with two huge scars which now i'll I need removing/ hair transplant. I have never seen scars after a brow lift, but I was told the scars would be tucked behind my hairline and hidden. Please correct me if i'm wrong in thinking the scars are horrendous? The surgeon told me its 'normal' which I find it hard to believe,

Scarring 6 months after a Temporal Brow Lift

+1

From looking at your photos, it looks like your scarring is unusual at best. There appears to be a chronic wound that is healing extremely slowly. I would definitely encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but you may likely need to have the incisions excised and redone. Hair grafting may also help to camouflage the incision once it has completely healed.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

This Scarring 6 Months Post-op Is Not Normal

+1

I'm not quite sure what is going on but this is very uncommon. At 6 months you should be healed. these wounds look much newer than 6 months. They do need to be addressed and should be able to be fixed. If your surgeon did indeed say that these scars are normal, then your first stop is to find another surgeon in your area for an evaluation. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes you have a poor result of the incisions/scars. I now use infront of hairline incision to avoid the loss of hair and baldness effect. Sorry. 

Open wounds 6 months after surgery

+1

is really unheard of and not normal.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and if you are not getting any answers, get a second opinion.  I would like to think in this age of social media, your surgeon would be very motivated to see you through a satisfactory result.  If not, there are many on-line sites where you can critique your doctor... as long as everything you say is the truth.

Curtis Wong, MD

Open wounds 6 months after a temporal brow lift

+1

Your incisions should have been totally healed months ago.  The usual cause for open wounds is some type of foreign body reaction most likely to the suture knots used in closing the skin.  In order for you to heal these sutures must be removed.  Once you are totally healed then I would re-assess the area and determine if you need a scar revision.  It is very unlikely that you would need a hair transplant.  If you are not getting a response from  your surgeon then it is time for a second opinion. 

Temporal browlift scars.

+1

These should have been healed months ago! You need to see a scalp reconstructive surgeon to treat these and remove the scar after it has healed. 

Scars after temporal brow lift

+1

In most cases, when a temporal brow lift is performed, the scars are not noticeable and are very thin and hidden by the hair.  I would say that your healing process does not appear to be what is seen in the majority of cases.  The scars should be allowed to heal fully and then the issue can be evaluated to see what options there are for improvement.  It's possible that a scar revision alone might be able to correct the problem but it's also possible that some hair transplantation would be needed.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temple brow lift scars

+1

Scars in this area should not be noticeable with routine hair styles. It appears you had some necrosis of the scalp around the closure sites. The pictures show the scalp not yet healed and I would venture to say that they were taken within 6-8 weeks after surgery. By 6 months there should be  complete healing which likely gives even less hair coverage than seen on  these photos. You should have a consultation with someone experienced with scalp scar surgery. Scar revision and/or hair transplants likely can correct your problem. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker M.D.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon