Can the scar on my right upper lip be fixed? (Photo)

When I was 8 years old I hurt myself on the playground and now left with a scar on my upper lip, I'm 18 years old now and wanna get it fixed, is it possible to fix it? And what doctor do I go too?

Fixing an upper lip scar

+2
Yes, the scar can be very easily fixed, one way would be  re-excising the old scar and re suturing or re close the wound.You can also have a filler injected on the crease with your own fat or artificial filler.

Lip scar revision

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision. For this lateral lip scar, surgical revision may be the most effective to improve the visibility of the scar. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Upper Lip Scar

+1
While the photo is limited, it appears that the scar and stepoff on the upper lip can be improved and made smoother.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  

Kimberly Lee, MD