Is the Scalp Advancement Incision Scar Similar to Forehead Contouring Which is Better? (photo)

female 25 yrs old my forehead is very prominent and my hairline is high few ffs surgeons suggested me to do forehead contouring with scalp advancement along with eyebrow lift,which procedure more effective and if both is done how is the incision for both is it same incision ?and will the scalp advancement scar is noticeable or same scar for the forehead contouring note my skin is dark and can i make a forehead contouring with fue hair transplant instead of the scalp advancement See Pics

I would advise a great deal of caution regarding what you are proposing.

+1

As you can see, surgeons are very happy to provide these services.  The photos you have provided really make it very difficult to get an overall aesthetic sense of your face.  The big problem with burring down your forehead is irreversibility.  Also the trichophytic incision causes compression of the hairline.  Despite beautiful work on the part of the surgeon to permit hair to grow through the scar, the compression of the hair lines leave it looking unnatural.  Another issue I would be concerned with you is how much time per day is taken up by these concerns and if they cause you to avoid social circumstances.  If you spend more than a few hours a day thinking about these issues, or have suffered social consequences regarding your forehead concerns, then it is possible your situation is further complicated by body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).  BDD does not mean that you should not have surgery, although some surgeons may feel that way.  What it does mean is that your surgeon will most likely misunderstand your aesthetic concerns.  This makes it much more likely that you will be satisfied with the surgical outcome.

Combined Forehead Reduction and Scalp Advancement

+1

Your bony forehead reduction by burring and scalp advancement can be done through the same incision. Generally, scalp advancements look better than hair transplants for lowering the hairline. It does not appear that you would need more than a 1 cm scalp advancement. Using a trichophytic incision across the frontal hairline should produce a fairly imperceptible scar. I do not see the benefit of a browlift in your case.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Hairline/forehead

+1

The hairline lowering / forehead reduction procedure can readily be combined with a browlift if indicated. No additional incisions are needed. Contouring the bony forehead in your case would be complicated. Some hair transplants could be placed in front of the temple hair to reduce the width if the forehead in addition to lowering its height. Scarring should be imperceptible if proper technique is used. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline Lowering and Eyebrow Lift

+1

A brow lift should only be done to improve brow position and eliminate heaviness and hooding of the upper eyelids, not to change the size or contour of the forehead. Lowering the hairline will give you an much better, more natural result than hair transplants. This is why we developed the irregular trichophytic hairline incision many years ago to lower the hairline and lift the brows, if necessary, during the same procedure. Hair will grow through and in front of the incision so it will not be seen and the patient will have total freedom of hair styling. Many times over the past 35 years I have lowered the hairline after removing previously placed transplants that women did not like because they did not look natural.