Which is the Safest Filler & Technique for Tear Troughs?

Im 29.I've developed tear troughs within past 1,5 year and want to find out which filler's least likely to cause complications like bumps or bags.Also have minor lower eyelid sagging and v. transparent skin,showing veins.Tear troughs are mostly limited to inner corner reaching around mid-eye, visible and aging my looks. I want to avoid water absorption/bags from filler but get noticable GOOD results. Which method/filler is best/safest-canule or needle injection? Restylane/Juvederm/Teosyal2/Other?

Tear trough injection

+1

Tear trough is a result of fat pad atrophy in old people and in younger individuals it is normally due to combination of thinner skin with and thinner fat pad to start with. Normally transition between infra-orbital and mid-face fat pad referred as hollow under eyes considered by younger patients as 'tear trough'. It is in fact beginning of their future tear trough but doctors label it as infraorbito-malar groove.

Using a fine blunt cannula this area can be treated but DF should be placed deep under muscles,on periostium. Less viscous DF like Teosyal Global, Restylane are advisable to use.

London Dermatologist

Tear trough filler

+1

My preference is restylane in the tear trough area. It's important that you find a skilled injector. 

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler choices for tear troughs

+1

All fillers can possibly give lumps and bumps, but the filler I usually recommend for the tear trough area is Restylane.  I find this product gives me the best results.  It can be injected with a needle or cannula, and the choice is normally up to the injecting physician.  An experienced injector should be able to get you good results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon