Can Something Be Done About the Roll of Fat Around my Neck, I Have Had It Since Birth? (photo)

I have had this roll of fat around my neck since birth and would like to know whether something can be done about it?

Treatment for roll of fat around neck

+2

I personally have had the best success using small cannula liposuction for fatty neck rolls. The procedure can typically be done under local anesthesia +/- light sedation and should take less than an hour. Recovery is relatively quick (2 - 3 days before return to work) and modest pain compared to liposuction of the body. Glad to help...

Can Something Be Done About the Roll of Fat Around my Neck, I Have Had It Since Birth?

+1

Liposuction or a neck lift would be the two alternatives from your description, but a physical exam would be necessary to give an accurate answer in regard to your specific circumstance. Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA