What Are the Risks of Using Invisalign with Gum Recession?

Invisalign doesnt cause gum recession...

+1

A bad bite and poor oral hygiene does.. Make sure your gums are healthy before invisalign and you should be fine..I've done cases where the gum recession gets better after invisalign...

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Risk of invisalign and gum recession?

+1

Invisalign will not cause gum recession in a healthy patient. What some patients report as gum recession is the repositioning of the gumline associated with the new position of the tooth and root.  If your teeth are very crowded and you straighten them the gum tissue that was compressed between the roots will now assume an even position between the teeth and may appear to have receeded, but this would not be classified as gum recession.  I would not be concerned with gum recession associated with invisalign orthodontics. I have not had any of my patients expirence recession.  

James D. Salazar, DDS
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist