What Are the Risk in Having a Rhino-revision Surgery 4 Months After the Initial Surgery?

Three months ago I had rhino-plastic surgery. The swelling in my bridge has gone down but the bulbus still has some swelling I have been told. However, the bridge has changed the total look of my face. My eyes are no longer full and round but slanted and drown inward towards the center of my face. This new nose appears to be long and disproportionate. I would like to have the bridge removed so I can look like me again!

Revision rhinoplasty 4 months after the initial procedure?

+1

It is best to refrain from performing any revisions until around one year following your initial surgery, unless there is no tip work involved. In general, typical side effects of rhinoplasty may include the following:

1) Mild pain
2) Congestion
3) Blood tinged discharge for 48-72 hours following surgery
4) Swelling
5) Numbness

The rhinoplasty would not have an effect on the appearance of your eyes. Initial swelling right after surgery may be evident near the eyes, but this would not affect you at 4 months post-surgery. You are still early in the healing process, and the final result of  rhinoplasty is not typically evident for one year following surgery. I would recommend giving it a little time before making any decisions on having a revision performed. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't do it.

+1

It is much too early to consider any revision surgery.  It really can take 18 months to see the real result of a rhinoplasty.  Things you don't like now may go away.  Please talk to your surgeon about what he/she might recommend for non surgical treatment. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty issues

+1

It is a bit early to have a revision rhinoplasty. It is best to wait about one year until all the swelling improves.