What's the Risk of Hydroquinone?

Please, I would like to understand the real risk of hydroquinone, some ones say it may cause cancer, some ones say there is a risk only if it's used for long time ( what long time means??). Is there risk when we use it for 3 or 4 months and stop a month or 2 and then reuse it again. I have another concern too, I'm from Texas and they don't provide it any more in Texas even with a physician prescription, is this because of the risk or there is another raison? Thank you in adavance.

What's the Risk of Hydroquinone?

+1

Thank you for your question. There is no evidence based medicine to show that hydroquinone causes cancer. The most common side effects of using hydroquinone are contact dermatitis (rash), dryness, fissuring, erythema (redness), burning, and irritation.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options for you. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist