Risk Difference Between a 425 Cc Cohesive Gel and a 500 Cc Cohesive Gel,is There Much Difference Between the Two? (photo)

5"5" ,135 lbs. chest measurement done by doctor of 11.5 cm.Cup size A 34 and doctor rated me a mid A cup.I measured my chest just under breasts and rib cage measured 32.5 inches.1 child, breastfed for 18 months-was a b 34 while breastfeeding.I also do bikini,figure competitions.

Implant size and Cup size

+1

If your chest is 32 or 34 then each 100 cc implant is 1 bra size change.  The 425 cc cohesive gel implant would bring you up 4 cup sizes and 500 cc cohesive gel implant would bring you up 5 cup sizes.  If you start out with a A then you will end up with a DD using the 425 cc cohesive gel implant and a DDD using the 500 cc cohesive gel implant.  Also, remember that the weight of the implant will eventually cause the tissue to stretch, the breast to descend and you will need a lift.  I ALWAYS recommend a patient to go with the smallest size possible to achieve their desired goal.  I also recommend retro-pectoral positioning to provide more support and decrease the rate of descent.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Smaller implants

+1

With the dimensions you have mentioned, I would recommend going with the smaller implant size.  Discuss the option of using profile Allergan style 45 implants placed under the muscle with your board certified plastic surgeon.  These implants have narrower base width for the a similar size device.  This will likely prevent implants from being too far outside of the chest wall.  Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

425 Vs.500cc implants

+1

I would want to see pictures of women with breasts the size and appearance you are desiring to determine if your goals are realistic. Assuming they are, then I would want to use the implant with the profile and volume that would be most likely to get us there. I would insert sizers into the breast pockets to assist in choosing the right implant. I suspect you will require high profile implant based on your measurements. Proper sizing to fit your body and your goals is critical.

William H. Gorman, MD

Difference in Breast Implant Volume and Risk

+1

This biggest risk associated with these implants is whether they will fit your frame appropriately without extending into the armpit area or stressing the cleavage zone. From your photo you do appear petite with limited breast tissue and a 4-500 cc implant will likely be significant on you. The larger the implant, the more likely you will have some skin stretch and tissue atrophy. Thus, I would consider this before proceeding further.  It is likely you will have a significant improvement with this procedure, but the larger the volume implants, the higher the degree of complications.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Difference between 425 and a 500cc implant

+1

With your breast measurments of 11.5 cm I like to be more conservative with initial augmentation and would opt for the 425cc, if you desired a greater enhancement I have had great success with the Style 45 Allergan implants, sometimes called superhigh profile, ask your surgeon about your profile options, and good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon