What is the Risk of Developing Capsules After Fat Transplant OR Implant Removal and Lift?

I'm 37. Had 2 pregnancies, gained 50+ lbs w/ both. I'm now 5'3" 121lbs. Had 360cc silicone implants in 2007. Had double capsulectomy (same implants put back) 2010 & 2012. Left breast is now emptier than right. Probably loss of breast tissue after last capsulectomy. Ripples are very apparent on top left breast. When I lean slightly over, they both look misshapen, almost like the implants are crumpled up inside. Considering fat transfer OR removal w/ lift. Very afraid of capsules w/ either proc.

Capsules are much less likely to happen without implants.

+2

Since capsules occur as an abnormal response of the immune system to foreign materials in the body, they would be much less likely to happen without implants.

What is the Risk of Developing Capsules After Fat Transplant OR Implant Removal and Lift

+2

I can certainly understand from your history your aversion to the risk of capsular contracture.  I don't read in your question any suggestion that you have a contracture at this time. 

There are a number of ways of dealing with ripples. Fat injection is one. Another is the use of acelluar dermal matrix which provides additional cover, and makes capsular contracture considerably less likely. 

Removal of the implants is the surest way to end your dealings with capsular contracture, provided it is OK with you to lose that amount of volume and to have a breast lift.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.