Is the rippling in my breasts caused by exercise? Are my breasts saggy or the correct shape for tear drop implants? (photo)

450/400 cc tear drop shaped silicone implants placed under muscle almost 1 year ago. My doctor chose tear drop bc I had no breast tissue at all after nursing my son. I have rippling in my cleavage area and feel like my breasts look droopy. I am concerned that I changed the outcome of my breasts because I am very active (running (10ks) and yoga daily) Or is this how tear drop shape implants are supposed to look? Thank you!

Rippling

+1
Because you are so thin this may be an example of traction rippling or the textured implants pulling on the overlying tissues, its not harmful but I agree fat grafting may be a niice choice to camouflage it

All implants ripple. It is a question if you can see and feel the ripples .

+1
Since all implants ripple it is a question of how to prevent the ripples from showing or being able to be felt. Saline implants ripple the most, smooth wall gel implants less rippling and textured gel implants ripple least. Putting the implants under the muscle minimizes the possibility of ripples, under the breast has the highest possibility of seeing ripples and under the breast and under the muscle (dual plane) is in between. Since you have gel implants under the muscle you could improve the ripples by placing a textured gel implant under your muscle but I don't believe that will resolve your problem. What I have found that work relatively well is to harvest fat from your own body and fat graft the soft tissue in the areas of the ripples. This doesn't prevent the ripples but by thickening the soft tissue over the ripples it can and often does hid the ripples. Unfortunately patients who get ripples are often thin and have little fat to graft, but I can usually find enough fat in the medial thighs if that is the only place available . 
Ask your surgeon about fat grafting over the soft tissue where you see and feel the ripples. Make sure your surgeon has experience with fat grafting because if it is not done well the fat will not survive and there will not be any benefit. If done correctly there should be a 60-80 % take of the fat and it should last indefinitely.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Breast augmentation rippling

+1
Rippling can occur for a variety of reasons and is more often seen with patients with very little native breast tissue. For this reason, rippling will often become worse with a larger implant since the tissue is being stretched thinner. Other factors that may increase the wrinkling or palpability include subglandular positioning, textured implants and saline implants.  Though we as surgeons attempt to minimize this issue, very thin patient with little breast tissue are at a greater risk particularly along the lower outer edge of the breast where the muscle does not adequately cover the implant. Your options include thicken of the tissues through the use of fat transfer or changing to a smooth round silicone implant which still may not completely solve the issue. Thanks for your question and I hope this helps.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS