How to get the right size arms I never had? (photo)

Ever since I remember my arms have always been bigger for my body. I see pictures of my grandma and it ended up with her arms. I am a plus size girl but I've never actually filled out my arms. My question is which procedure would be best for me? Lipo with skin tightening, mini arm lift, of traditional arm lift with lipo? I am a hairdresser how long would the recovery period be before I am able to return to doing hair?

How to get the right size arms I never had?

+1

Full arm lift will give the best results for you. This may cost $7000 on the low end. I would recommend 6 weeks before doing hairdressing as lifting your arms may compromise wound healing.

How to get the right size arms I never had? Lipo and Brachioplasty

+1

Based only on what I can determine form the photos, this problem can successfully be addressed with aggressive microlipo and an arm lift (brachioplasty). I do not find that waiting for a patient to loose weight is helpful for the degree of fat and skin excess I see. I would perform lipo in four areas, including the front, bottom and back of the arms and liposculpture of the deltoid so that there is the definition from the transition of the deltoid to the upper arm itself. After that, I would perform a brachioplasty where the skin is removed in an ellipse, but more likely, a "trap door" type incision with the scar in the center of the arm facing forward in these photos, but toward the body when your arm is down to your side.

I perform this entirely in our office OR under Awake Anesutesia, however, many surgeons prefer to have you put too sleep. Both sides with lipo takes me about 6 hours to perform, but the patient can be an active participant in this procedure and sitting, moving onto one side and the other can greatly help with the liposculpture, especially in the deltoid area.

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

+1

Of course, the best thiing to do is get examined. But just from the photos, I do not think liposuction will get you where you want to be because your arms are very loose now. You will need an excision procedure. Now, if you are overweight, you may want to lose the weight first and then the arms will thin out and hang some more, but the result will likely be better.